There are extensive legacy environmental problems relating to waste oil, contaminated water and solids waste that exist across all of South America. Environmental legislation is changing and authorities are requiring clean-up to happen. However there is limited expertise in the region to do this.
TES, formed in 2016, has built an extensive industry network in the region and will bring proven technology from ‘best-in-class’ suppliers to offer bespoke solutions to clients, initially in the areas of: Waste oil recovery and waste water treatment; processing waste oil and water; and the treatment of solids waste.
TES Applications provide a complete, bespoke environmental solution to clients through the clean-up and recovery of waste oil and the cost effective treatment of contaminated/waste water and solids through the application of a proven industry leading technology from ‘best-in-class’ international suppliers.
TES operations are currently focussed on long-term contracts in South America, on projects that will:
- Recover waste oil for sale and treat waste water resulting from upstream oil exploration and production operations
- Process waste oil and water from local and international shipping in compliance with International Maritime Organisation (IMO) regulations
- TES plans to expand its operations within South America and elsewhere internationally and also into other sectors of oil recovery, waste water treatment and contaminated soil reclamation
TES offers a customised service for each specific treatment and project.
- Laboratory testing to determine the optimum treatment and process design for each waste fluid.
- Best-In-Class service providers selected based upon specific requirements for each project.
- Execute field pilot testing to optimise the process with TES experts to advise & adjust on site.
- Continuous operations with ongoing monitoring & adjustments to follow
Waste Oil Recovery: The incoming material from lagoons, tank bottoms or drill rigs will consist of a slurry of crude oil, emulsions, water, solids, asphaltenes and bitumens. TES separates the slurry into crude oil, water and solids. The crude is de-emulsified and cleaned to pipeline quality for re-sale. TES is also able to treat oily water from ship slops. It separated to oil from the water. The water is ‘cleaned’ in compliance with environmental legislation for discharge and the oil is recovered and treated for sale into the market
Oil Treatment: The production, storage and transportation of heavy and ultra-heavy oils is becoming a major problem for oil field operators around the world and specifically in large parts of South America. Currently, heavy oils are required to be heated and blended with large volumes of light oils or naphtha to reduce viscosities to the point at which they can be emptied from their storage tanks, transferred to a tanker truck, then offloaded at their delivery points. These processes are highly detrimental to production economics and logistics, which can lead to shut-in fields and crude oil transfer delays at both the loading and offloading points. TES has developed a set of environmentally friendly thermal additives and other technologies that reduce the requirement for external heat and large volumes of high value diluents to assist with the above operations.
Waste Water Treatment: Waste water from the oil field operations, mining or the ship slops is treated to the contract specifications. The treated effluent could be surface discharged or resold. TES technology will remove solids, residual oils and bacteria and can precipitate metals and desalinate if required. TES can meet or exceed any effluent quality specification as required by the client or by environmental legislation.
Soil and Solids Remediation: Waste solids are bio-remediated to a point that the treated material is no longer a hazardous waste. The treated, inert material may be land applied or disposed of at normal landfill rates.