Restricted (Everyday Investor): A certified restricted investor is an individual who has signed, within the period of twelve months ending with the day on which the communication is made, a statement in the following terms:
Restricted Investor Statement
I make this statement so that I can receive promotional communications relating to non-readily realisable securities as a restricted investor. I declare that I qualify as a restricted investor because:
- in the twelve months preceding the date below, I have not invested more than 10% of my net assets in non-readily realisable securities; and
- I undertake that in the twelve months following today's date I will not invest more than 10% of my net assets in non-readily realisable securities.
Net assets for these purposes do not include:
- the property which is my primary residence or any money raised through a loan secured on that property;
- any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance;
- or any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependants are), or may be entitled.