High Net Worth Investors
Certified High Net Worth Investor: A certified high net worth investor is an individual who has signed, within the period of twelve months ending with the day on which the communication is made, a statement in the following terms:
High Net Worth Investor Statement
I make this statement so that I can receive promotional communications which are exempt from the restriction on promotion of non-mainstream pooled investments. The exemption relates to certified high net worth investors and I declare that I qualify as such because at least one of the following applies to me:
- I had, throughout the financial year immediately preceding today's date, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more.
- I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding today's date, net assets to the value of £250,000 or more.
Net assets for these purposes do not include:
- the property which is my primary residence or any money raised through a loan secured on that property.
- any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance.
- any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependants are), or may be, entitled.